Looking for loyal customers for your business? Then social media is the marketing tactic you need. Based on Atomic Design’s years of experience, social media provides many benefits to help you build a loyal customer base. Let’s talke a look at a few of these benefits.
- Each customer should feel special and that they matter to your company
- When you personalize your customers’ experience it boosts their trust and loyalty
- This gives them a chance to take full ownership and share the experience with their network
- Show your customers you appreciate their input
- Companies miss out on opportunities to create more loyal customers because they only reward customers who engage the most
- Appreciate your social media community as a whole, reward fans based on the quality of the interaction, not the quantity
- Involve and reward your entire social media community with offers: unique discounts, contests, bonuses, sneak previews
The Surprise Approach
- Surprise customers with random acts of kindness: reward your social network with a discount code when your reach 20,000 followers
- Send followers who go above and beyond in adding value to your company a product or service, a handwritten note or a gift
- Send customers a surprise on special occasions: after their first purchase, one year anniversary of their first purchase, their birthday, holidays
- Surprises are great ways to build word-of-mouth marketing
- Customers who get treated are likely to share their experience with their network
- Since social media conversations happen in real time, when you decide to surprise your fans be sure to deliver the treat within a reasonable time frame
- Increase engagement by listening
- Monitor daily what your customers are saying about your company whether it’s a question, concern or problem, then engage, respond and take action
- Listening is so important on social media – sometimes people talk about you and not to you
- You want to monitor your company’s name as a key term to highlight any comments or questions you may have missed
- This allows you to spot potential followers who have not engaged with your brand before and bring them on board
- Free tools to use to monitor your company: Mention, Hootsuite, Social Mention, IceRocket and TweetDeck
- Listening is the best feedback from people who use your product or service on a regular basis. This will help make improvements and provide a better customer experience.
- Customers tend to fully research a product before turning to a company on social media to ask questions prior to making a purchase
- Know your products or services backwards and forwards, make sure all of your social media admins do too
- Thorough knowledge of your business allows you to better assist your customers and saves you time
- You can provide an immediate response to a customer with confidence rather than having to email other departments to get a confirmation
- Which ever social media platform you’re using, take your time when having a conversation
- Make sure you understand the customer’s situation and if required, ask more questions and can respond in a knowledgeable manner. This increases customer confidence and in return, loyalty.
- To build long term relationships with your customers, follow up: ask them how they’re doing since your last contact
- Follow up with fans who commented on a recent blog post, posted on your wall or sent you a message
- Send follow-up messages to those who previously inquired about your products or service and to whom you already replied
- Following up lets your customers know you’re still interested and value their time
- This demonstrates that your company is reliable and genuinely cares about their customer’s happiness
- Drive people to your website if you have any follow up triggers in place that you would prefer to use.
- Easiest way to maintain the trust of your community is to keep your promises
- If you tell customers you’ll respond to their messages, then make sure you do
- If you do make a mistake or end up with a social media crisis, the first thing you should do is own up
- Admit to the mistake and take action to resolve the situation
- Let your customers know what happened and what you’re doing to fix it
- Customers’ trust in your company should remain intact
- You work so hard to acquire the trust of your fans and customers on social media, do whatever you can to keep it
Share Your Values
- Fans on social media tend to be more loyal to a company that shares their beliefs, share updates not only around your products and services but also posts that exemplify the core values of your organization.
- If your company has a strong view on a particular topic or issue, share it with your community, it doesn’t have to be limited to issues within your niche
- When your customers relate to your core values, they’re most likely to stay loyal to your company and cause
Creating customer loyalty on social media and through digital marketing means developing long-term relationships with your fans. Take the time to appreciate your customers and understand their needs. Personalize their experience and reward them. Showing your customers that you value them is the most effective method to build long-term relationships. This will increase, trust, loyalty and sales.